Welcome to the Home School Community Liaison page of our school website. My name is Jane and I am the Home School Community Liaison Coordinator in our school. My primary role is to help strengthen the links that exist between home, school and community.
The goals of the HSCL scheme are:
- To maximise active participation of the children in the learning process
- To promote active co-operation between home, school and relevant community agencies in promoting the educational interests of children
- To raise awareness of parents in their own capacities to enhance their children’s educational progress and to assist them in developing relevant skills
- To enhance the children’s uptake from education, their retention in the educational system, their continuation to post-compulsory education and to third level education and their life-long attitudes to learning
- To disseminate the positive outcomes of the project throughout the school system generally.
My role in the school involves:
- Visiting parents/guardians in their homes, school & community
- Organising courses, talks or meetings for parents/guardians in the school Involving parents/guardians in their children’s education by setting up Maths workshops
- Encouraging closer ties between parents/guardians, school staff, and the wider community. Using our project/Parents’ Room for our Tea & Coffee mornings.
- Encouraging parents/guardians to participate in classroom projects with a teacher such as Maths & Science for Fun, Shared Reading, Literacy, and Numeracy Programmes.
I am available in the school every day. I have an office upstairs and a noticeboard in the foyer. I also display any classes or course for parents on the ‘School News’ section on the window beside the hall. I can be contacted on the HSCL number – 085 7869734 or by email at [email protected]
I look forward to working with you all.