Our Board of Management and school community believe that a clearly stated and sensibly implemented uniform policy is important for the following reasons:
- To provide a focus and a sense of identity for students attending the school.
- To provide an opportunity for parents and staff to instill in the children a sense of pride in their appearance.
- To prevent excesses in fashion trends and to eliminate competition among students.
- To provide an economic means of clothing children for school.
- The Principal is empowered by the Board of Management to implement the approved uniform policy.
- An explanatory note from parents/ guardians is required to be sent to the Principal if a child is not wearing the correct school uniform.
- On nominated days designated by the school, (for example school excursions, school masses) parents/ guardians may receive a notification requesting that students all wear the full school uniform or the school tracksuit depending on the day.
- The school uniform shop, The Schoolwear House, is located at 170 Walkinstown Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12 (Contact Number: 01 4566188). The school jumper and the tracksuit top must be purchased at The Schoolwear House. This is the only supplier authorised by the Board of Management. To keep costs to a minimum, all other items may be purchased elsewhere.
- The school tracksuit is worn on PE days only. These are subject to change.
3rd & 4th Classes – Monday and Thursday
5th & 6th Classes – Tuesday and Friday
Uniform for non-P.E. days
|Red jumper with Loreto crest||4/5 year – 10/11 years||€26.50|
|Grey skirt, culottes or trousers|
|White shirt (long or short sleeves)|
|Elasticated red tie||€4.50|
|Black, grey, white or red socks/ tights|
|Black shoes/ runners with black laces|
Uniform for P.E. Days
The school tracksuit must be worn on P.E. days only.
|School tracksuit top with Loreto crest||4/5 year – 10/11 years||€16.95|
|Plain navy tracksuit bottoms|
|White Airtex/ polo top|
- Children are allowed to wear only the permitted jewellery: small ear studs (one in each earlobe), one watch and one ring.
- Children are not allowed to wear make-up, nail varnish or false nails.
- Children who come to school in non-uniform clothes may be asked to change into correct uniform from the store if available.
- Children will remove unpermitted jewellery. This may be confiscated by the class teacher until the end of the day.
- Persistent wearing of jewellery will result in confiscation until mid or end of term.
- Pupils wearing nail varnish or makeup will be required to remove it immediately.
Parents are asked to ensure that all articles belonging to each child are clearly marked.